Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Novel approach to re-chroming die-cast

Our novel approach to re-chroming die-cast:

  1. Stripping off the loose (peeling) electroplated surface either by electro chemical reverse current or wet &dry sanding.
  2. A light bead blasting to assure that all the cavities are clean.
  3. Etch prime (preferably two pack).
  4. High (two pack.
  5. Rub back the original contours with wet & dry. (Finishing off with # 1200) Should you have the need to re-apply the High fill, you must re-coat the rubbed through die-cast surfaces with Etch primer.

1 – 5 is the labour of Love. This is the part that you do yourself or find someone that really really cares for you to do. It is not that I am lazy and we will do it if money is no object. The problem is that it is difficult to judge how long the preparation work will take and therefore I can’t quote or if I do quote it is just too expensive.

I then coat the article to be chrome-plated with a thin acrylic resin, make it conductive and subsequently chrome-plate. The acrylic resin will stop the di-electric interchange between the base copper coat and the die-cast.

You are more than welcome to give me a call or e-mail me concerning the above



1 comment:

Kunal said...

Nice blog dear I like the way as you present your view among the all visitors. I would like to join you again on this blog it’s a very nice visit on this blog. It’s very attractive and effective for visitors. Pressure Die Casting Machines, Pressure Die Casting Components